Wednesday, January 10, 2018

“SCALES FELL FROM HIS EYES!”

Acts 9:16-19                                  (ESV)
“16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
18 And immediately something like “SCALES FELL FROM HIS EYES”, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized;
19 and taking food, he was strengthened. For some days he was with the disciples at Damascus.”



There is MUCH discussion these days about why we don’t see miracles like they did in Biblical times?  After all, GOD hasn’t lost any of HIS Power, has HE?  I am of the belief that many times we see someone with an amazing recovery from a serious condition and we attribute it to medicine, or worse, luck!!!  

It is my belief that every time we inhale oxygen and our bodies mix that oxygen into our bloodstream, a miracle is happening. How else can LIFE be explained?  You can give me all kinds of scientific details and explanations, but then you have to explain why some never draw a breath after their last?  

Most are aware of the Brain Hemorrhage I experienced in 2007.  My medical records from September 25, 2007 in part says, “Patient sustained a massive Hemorrhagic Stroke on July 09.  He was in the ICU for over a month and on the ventilator for much of that time..........He had right sided hemiplegia.  However, he has had an remarkable recovery THAT COULD ONLY BE DEFINED AS A MIRACLE FROM GOD!”   My doctors did an amazing job, but this doctor gave credit where it was due!  He RECOGNIZED where the miracle came from and I’m certainly grateful he did.  

A couple of years ago, a 20 year old friend had his aorta rupture at his home.  He was rushed to the hospital and transferred to a big city hospital. Surgery was performed and he is alive today!  Another 17 year old friend came home from a workout a few months ago and complained of a migraine headache.  When her parents (health care professionals) ascertained how sick she was, they rushed her to the hospital and emergency surgery was performed to fix the Aneurysm in her brain!  Without a doubt, both of these patients are miracles from GOD, and those close to their situations RECOGNIZE that!  

Miracles happen every day, multiple times a day!  Being able to SEE them, I believe, is a gift from GOD that not everyone can experience.   In the scripture above, the “SCALES FELL FROM HIS EYES” and Saul could see again, when previously he was blinded!  The determining factor was GOD’s timing!  There have been many times when I have been looking at a situation, yet I couldn’t SEE the issue that needed to be dealt with.   It is my belief that GOD causes the “SCALES FELL FROM OUR EYES” exactly when HE will receive glory and honor for our remedial actions?  


FATHER IN HEAVEN, cause me to be ready to be used by YOU to minister to needs that YOU reveal to me, when YOU reveal them to me!  I pray the “SCALES FELL FROM MY EYES” and I will be a testimony for YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment