Wednesday, June 6, 2018

“KEEP THEM FROM SEEING!”

2 Corinthians 4:3-4                     (ESV)
“3 And even if our gospel is veiled, IT IS VEILED TO THOSE WHO ARE PERISHING.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to “KEEP THEM FROM SEEING” the light of the gospel of the glory of CHRIST, who is the image of GOD.”



Not long ago during a Bible Study I was exposed to the phrase “GOD never invited me to be a co-god with HIM!”  Recently I saw a phrase that said “No matter how big a hammer you use, you can’t pound common sense into stupid people”, which really got me pondering why some just don’t “get it”?  Former President Ronald Reagan astutely submitted once that “Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face."  So let’s visit what Scripture reveals about people who can’t SEE?  

Jeremiah 5:21 says “"Hear this, O foolish and senseless people, WHO HAVE EYES, BUT SEE NOT, WHO HAVE EARS, BUT HEAR NOT.”  It seems that my BIGGEST challenge is letting GOD be GOD!  Exodus 14:14 says “The LORD will fight for you, and YOU HAVE ONLY TO BE SILENT!”  Psalms 27:14 (KJV) says “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and HE shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”  Psalms 46:10 (ESV) says “"Be still, and know that I AM GOD. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"  GOD is more than capable of selecting who HE wants to spend eternity with. All I am called to do is to offer HIM to everyone and let HIM call whom HE chooses!  


It is not because I am so Holy and devout a Christian that is that I live “above sin”.  Isaiah 64:6 says “....our righteousnesses are as FILTHY RAGS” before a HOLY GOD!  It is solely due to HIM “...calling us out of the darkness into HIS marvelous light...” (2 Peter 1:9) that I can SEE Spiritual things!  The enemy “KEEPS THEM FROM SEEING”, selling them on the lies he has presented since the garden of Eden.   Don’t be misled!  KNOW THE TRUTH!  Don’t let the enemy “KEEP YOU FROM SEEING“!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment