Tuesday, June 26, 2018

“WHO GIVES BREATH!”

Isaiah 42:5-7                                 (ESV)
“5 Thus says GOD, the LORD, WHO created the heavens and stretched them out, WHO spread out the earth and what comes from it, “WHO GIVES BREATH” to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: 
6 "I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, 
7 to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness.”



ALMIGHTY GOD literally spoke Creation into existence from nothing.  John 4:24 begins with “GOD IS SPIRIT,....”.  We are created in HIS image (Genesis 1:26-27), so we have a spirit also.  There are some misguided people (notice that I refrain from using the word Preachers) who say they believe that we are gods because we are IN HIS IMAGE?  But Isaiah 42:8 says “I am the LORD; that is MY name; MY GLORY I GIVE TO NO OTHER, nor MY praise to carved idols.”  Some translations use the word “I WILL NOT SHARE MY GLORY....”!  

People don’t seem to realize that ALMIGHTY GOD doesn’t need us to accomplish anything.  HE is Sovereign, with no limitations in abilities.  GOD calls some of us “out of the darkness into HIS marvelous light” for HIS Glory.  HIS measureless MERCY is the only reason I can imagine why HE doesn’t strike some people dead who try to steal HIS Glory.  

Scripture plainly states that GOD, THE LORD.......”WHO GIVES BREATH...” to people, so why do we push the envelope when HE could STOP giving us breath at any time?  We as a people, have lost sight of GOD, THE LORD and just WHO HE really is!  There is NO OTHER besides HIM, and we shouldn’t act like we are HIS equal.  J.D. Greear writes in the book entitled JESUS, CONTINUED that “GOD, however, never invited me to be co-GOD with HIM”!!  Realizing the magnitude of this is something that the enemy blinded me with for a long time, and I allowed him to!  


Acknowledging that GOD is self-sufficient, AND THAT WE ARE NOT, is certainly one step to admitting who we are, AND WHO HE IS!  The only thing I can do outside of HIM is to blaspheme HIS HOLY Name, something I ashamedly have experience at doing.  FATHER IN HEAVEN, cause me to SEE that it is YOU “WHO GIVES BREATH” and I am simply a vessel used by YOU, for YOUR GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment