Friday, November 23, 2018

“LORD, LORD!”

Matthew 7:21-23                          (ESV)
“21 "Not everyone who says to ME, '”LORD, LORD”,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of MY FATHER WHO is in HEAVEN.
22 On that day many will say to me, '”LORD, LORD”, did we not prophesy in YOUR name, and cast out demons in YOUR name, and do many mighty works in YOUR name?'
23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from ME, you workers of lawlessness.'”



The song “When we all get to Heaven” was on my mind this morning as I awoke from sleeping.  As I was pondering the lyrics of the song, my heart was caused to be saddened as many will not get “to Heaven”!  The part of that song that says “When we all see JESUS, we’ll sing and shout the victory” was particularly distressing as MANY of “this world” are displaying NO DEPENDENCE on any spirit whatsoever leading and guiding their lives?!?

Then the song “I wish we’d all been ready” came to mind.  It says, 

“Life was filled with guns and war
And everyone got trampled on the floor
I wish we'd all been ready
Children died, the days grew cold
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold
I wish we'd all been ready
There's no time to change your mind
The Son has come and you've been left behind

A man and wife asleep in bed
She hears a noise and turns her head, he's gone
I wish we'd all be ready
Two men walking up a hill
One disappears and one's left standing still
I wish we'd all been ready
There's no time to change your mind
The Son has come and you've been left behind

Life was filled with guns and war
And everyone got trampled on the floor
I wish we'd all been ready
Children died, the days grew cold
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold
I wish we'd all been ready
There's no time to change your mind
How could you have been so blind
The Father spoke, the demons dined
The Son has come and you've been left behind”


There will be many who say “LORD, LORD”, remember the things I performed for you YOU?  But The LORD will reply “depart from ME”!  I’m no more “worthy” to enter eternity with JESUS as my Savior than anyone else. But ALMIGHTY GOD has “CHOSEN” me (John 15:16) to be a witness for god HIM to “this world”!  

Don’t simply assume that you are going to Heaven because you have lived a good life.  Please fall down before HIS THRONE and beg for Mercy from “LORD, LORD” before HE comes back.   Because after the trumpet sounds, crying out “LORD, LORD” won’t do you any good.  Because as the song says, “There's no time to change your mind
How could you have been so blind
The Father spoke, the demons dined

The Son has come and you've been left behind”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment