Friday, November 16, 2018

"THE WAY!"

John 14:1-7                                          (ESV)
"1 "LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED. Believe in GOD; believe also in ME.
2 In my FATHER'S house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME AGAIN and will take you to MYSELF, that where I am you may be also.
4 And you know "THE WAY" to where I am going."
5 Thomas said to HIM, "LORD, we do not know where YOU are going. How can we know the way?"
6 JESUS said to him, "I am "THE WAY", and the TRUTH, and the LIFE. NO ONE comes to the FATHER except through ME.
7 If you had known ME, you would have known MY FATHER also. From now on you do know HIM and have seen HIM.""



It can be awfully easy to SEE the condition of "this world" and become TROUBLED by the actions displayed by many.  JESUS, WHO was/is GOD IN THE FLESH, OUR CREATOR, instructs us to LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED though in the Scripture above.   Why doesn't HE send Judgment on those that willfully and blatantly disregard the TRUTH HE died to reveal to us?  The same Scripture tells us in Numbers 32:23 "But if you will not do so, behold, you have sinned against the LORD, AND BE SURE YOUR SIN WILL FIND YOU OUT."  JUDGMENT DAY IS COMING, it is as certain as the air we breathe.  

JESUS said 'LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED. Believe in GOD; believe also in ME.'  How did HE know what was going to happen in the future?  HE IS GOD, that is how!  So why do I fret and concern myself with the actions of others when their CREATOR will judge them for their actions AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME!  Not only "them", but I will be judged the same way!  My ONLY HOPE is in the Sacrifice HE paid for me on Calvary.  I don't deserve it, nor does anyone else, but HIS LOVE  covers a multitude of sins (1 John 4:8).

How do we avoid the punishment for our sins that are sure to find us out?  JESUS said "I am "THE WAY", and the TRUTH, and the LIFE. NO ONE comes to the FATHER except through ME".  HE is the ONLY WAY we can see the FATHER.  Acts 4:12 says "And there is salvation in NO ONE ELSE, for there is NO OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN given among men by which we must be saved."  We must 'LET NOT YOUR HEARTS BE TROUBLED' and remember WHO WE SERVE!  Regardless of the actions of the people of "this world", JESUS CHRIST is "THE WAY", THE ONLY WAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment