Tuesday, November 6, 2018

“MY THOUGHTS!”

Isaiah 55:8-9                             (ESV)
““8 For “MY THOUGHTS” are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, declares the LORD. 
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways and “MY THOUGHTS” than your thoughts.  -



Thursday October 04, 2007 was one of the most difficult days in my life.  After the Brain Hemorrhage of July 09, 2007, and being hospitalized for fifty-two days following it, I was nearing the end of my out-patient Rehab with just a few days remaining.  My wife came into our bedroom and awoke me and told me a dear friend had been tragically killed the previous day while bicycling near his home.  To say that I was floored would be a monumental understatement.  

My biggest question then, and for sometime, was why did GOD allow the wretch that I am/was to miraculously survive a medical event that few can believe only a couple of months earlier, and just as quickly take a younger man so caring and GODLY out with seemingly such ease?  Having been allowed a tremendous amount of time to reflect on this, I still just have to have FAITH in GOD ALMIGHTY.  

As I ponder another friend nearing the Pearly Gates, I am once again left looking for answers where there seem to be none?  “MY THOUGHTS” are so basic and immature, while HIS THOUGHTS are far more in depth and complex.  We can attempt to make sense out of life in “this world”, but we will never figure out what ALMIGHTY GOD has planned for our future, outside of what HIS WORD clues us into!  Hebrews 11:6 says “And WITHOUT FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please HIM, for whoever would draw near to GOD must believe that HE exists and that HE rewards those who seek HIM”.  


HIS Plan is not such that humans can “figure it out”!  Ephesians 3:20-21 says “Now to HIM WHO is able to do FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY than ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK, according to the power at work within us, to HIM be glory in the church and in CHRIST JESUS throughout all generations, forever and ever”.  “MY THOUGHTS” are so infantile, yet when “MY THOUGHTS” come from HIM, we can rest assured that HE is leading us where HE will be Glorified! 

No comments:

Post a Comment