Tuesday, July 2, 2019

“NEW EVERY MORNING!”

Lamentations 3:19-23                          (ESV)
“19 REMEMBER MY AFFLICTION and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! 
20 My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. 
21 But this I call to mind, and THEREFORE I HAVE HOPE: 
22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; HIS MERCIES NEVER COME TO AN END; 
23 they are “NEW EVERY MORNING”; great is YOUR faithfulness.”



There are MANY times in life that I get in a rut of REMEMBERING MY AFFLICTIONS, wallowing in my pity thinking “woe is me”?  But I was CREATED to REFLECT the LOVE OF GOD, not to walk around talking about my problems.  

Why do I want to allow the enemy to burden me with the cares of “this world” when I am only a sojourner here, headed for my HOPE in THE PROMISED LAND!  Satan loves to have us focus on our current problems, but in John 16:33, JESUS says “But take heart; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD!”  

When my eyes are clouded by situations that I find myself in, I must remember that I am just passing through this world, that my home is in Heaven (Ephesians 2:6-7)!  REMEMBERING MY AFFLICTIONS will do nothing but cause me to fret over happenings in my life.  Why don’t I remember that HIS MERCIES NEVER COME TO AN END; they are “NEW EVERY MORNING”?  

The enemy certainly doesn’t want me to dwell on great is YOUR faithfulness.  Misery and fear are some of his greatest attributes.  We can choose to surrender to his tactics, or we can remember that GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS, and YOUR MERCIES are “NEW EVERY MORNING!!!”  

No comments:

Post a Comment