Tuesday, July 23, 2019

“THE LORD WEIGHS THE HEART!”

Proverbs 21:1-3                                       (ESV)
“1 The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; HE turns it wherever HE will. 
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but “THE LORD WEIGHS THE HEART”. 
3 To do righteousness and justice is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.”




There are many who are tremendously satisfied with the job the current President of the United States is doing, while there are some who think he is, shall we say, lacking in his abilities.  Most everyone has an opinion of who should be our next President, whether it is to re-elect the current President or replace him with another person.  ALMIGHTY GOD called King David a man after GOD’s Own heart (1 Samuel 13:14), but then David had an adulterous affair with Bathsheba and had her husband killed in battle with Ammonites.  How could a man after GOD’s Own heart do such a thing?  

We are ALL imperfect!  ALL of us!!! Scripture states in Romans 3:10-11 “as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for GOD.”  Although HE turns the kings heart like a stream of water, “THE LORD WEIGHS THE HEART”!  Yes, ALMIGHTY GOD knows the sins and transgressions of every ruler in the world. But HE knows the sins and transgressions of every peasant and every billionaire also!  HE knows ALL!  When our leaders act in a way that is contrary to GOD’s WORD, it is only because HE allows them to do so.  The leaders will have to answer to GOD for their actions, but GOD definitely IS IN CONTROL and we should not ever forget that.  We will answer for our actions as well.

Psalms 25:12 says “Who is the man who fears the LORD? Him will HE instruct in the way that he should choose.”  Are we not ALL guilty of trusting in our own abilities and minds?  Do we not depend upon our own strength to get us out of jams we get ourselves into?  King David tried to cover up his sin with Bathsheba, but it turned out to cost him more than he was prepared to pay.  Does my sin cost me more than I realize?  Do I focus on the pleasures of doing things “my way”, while minimizing the consequences of “my way”?  

Thank GOD IN HEAVEN that “THE LORD WEIGHS THE HEART” and HE knows my true desire to please HIM.  My actions don’t reflect my desires sometimes, and I show my fleshy desires at times, but “THE LORD WEIGHS THE HEART” and I pray my heart shows a LOVE for HIM and HIS righteousness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment