Tuesday, November 12, 2019

“BE SEPARATE!”

2 Corinthians 7:16-18                                      (ESV)
“16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the LIVING GOD; as GOD said, "I will make MY dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their GOD, and they shall be MY people. 
17 Therefore GO OUT FROM THEIR MIDST, and “BE SEPARATE” FROM THEM, says the LORD, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, 
18 and I will be a FATHER to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to ME, says the LORD ALMIGHTY.””


The word “disengage” has been on my heart for quite sometime as I have my quiet time after my daily Bible Study.  When I looked for the meaning of “disengage”, I found the definition this definition: “separate or release (someone or something) from something to which they are attached.

To “BE SEPARATE” from this world can be rather painful and difficult.  It seems we all have a desire to fit in and to be accepted.  Being seen as successful by the standards of modern society would probably not involve “wasting time” on Bible Study or praying to an invisible GOD?  But the standards of “this world” should not interfere with how GOD has instructed HIS Children to act.  

JESUS says in John 8:23 “You are from below; I am from above.  You are of this world; I am NOT of this world” in speaking to the Jews, HIS “chosen people”!  We are chosen because the FATHER gave us FAITH in HIM, not because of what our ancestry believed!  Our relationship with GOD is solely individual, dependent upon HIM calling us to “BE SEPARATE”!

After we are BORN OF THE SPIRIT, we are left in this world to reflect HIM to those who HE might be still drawing to HIMSELF.  Trying to be like them will not make us, nor our Message, more appealing to them.  Only those who are DRAWN by the FATHER will “hear” or “feel” HIS pulling them.  To “BE SEPARATE” from this world is to be isolated from the things that most hold dear.  But we must DISENGAGE from this world to be used to Glorify GOD......and IT IS WORTH IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment