Friday, November 22, 2019

“THE PATH!”

Proverbs 3:5-6 (ESV)
“5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. 
6 In all your ways acknowledge HIM, and HE will make straight YOUR PATHS.”

Psalms 119:105 (ESV)
“YOUR WORD is a lamp to my feet and a light to MY PATH.”

Psalms 16:11 (ESV)
“YOU make known to me “THE PATH” of life; in YOUR presence there is fullness of joy; at YOUR right hand are pleasures forevermore.”

When I am faced with a “crossroad” in my life, making the incorrect choice can lead me into a “wilderness” not having any direction! For most of my life, I have been running just as fast as I could, trusting that GOD would supernaturally prevent any major accidents. While it is true that GOD directs our paths, in my recent PATH slowing down and listening for HIS instruction has become more of a priority to me.  

The three passages of Scripture above are a brief sampling of verses that are given to us as guides. As smart as humans believe we are, GOD is so INFINITELY WISER! Slowing down to seek HIS direction is not something of which we should be ashamed. Leaning on our own understanding has gotten me into more difficulties than I have the ability to write about. Allowing ALMIGHTY GOD to make “MY PATH” straight is what a prudent, more wise person should do.  

“THE PATH” before us is never promised to be smooth and free from adversity. We are NOT living our best lives now! We are on a journey through “this world” being used by GOD to Glorify HIS Name, not to make a name for ourselves or accumulate wealth that will one day burn (Revelation 18). Walking in “THE PATH” laid out for me by my CREATOR is the best place I can be, because HE IS THERE WITH ME!!

GREAT GOD IN HEAVEN, I beg of YOU guide me in “THE PATH” where I can Glorify YOUR NAME and edify YOUR Kingdom. Please allow me to wait for YOU to speak to me about which direction YOU have for me to take. “YOUR PATH” is where I long to be, whatever that may bring! Keep me searching for “THE PATH” that YOU have laid out for my life and to follow YOU all my days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment