Tuesday, August 24, 2021

“IT IS I; DO NOT BE AFRAID!”

 John 6:16-21


JESUS Walks on Water


“[16] When evening came, HIS disciples went down to the sea, [17] got into a boat, and started across the sea to Capernaum. It was now dark, and JESUS had not yet come to them. [18] The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing. [19] When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw JESUS walking on the sea and coming near the boat, and THEY WERE FRIGHTENED. [20] But HE said to them, “”IT IS I; DO NOT BE AFRAID”.” [21] Then they were glad to take HIM into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going.”





It is no surprise that JESUS was always right on time.  HE never was early, and likewise was never too late.  Lazarus was in the tomb for four days (John 11:28-44), yet when JESUS showed up, Lazarus had to come up from the grave!  


Many actually think that the miracles of the Bible are hyperbole or parabolic.  I am of the Belief that with GOD “all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).  It is NOT coincidence that JESUS wasn’t with the disciples when THE STORM blew up.  When HE appeared to them and said “IT IS I; DO NOT BE AFRAID” the disciples were immediately at their destination, no longer WERE THEY FRIGHTENED!


JESUS and fear CANNOT coexist.  If our eyes are on JESUS, fear must vanish.  If fear is consuming us, THE CREATOR must not be in our midst.  When JESUS “had not yet come to them”, THEY WERE FRIGHTENED!  When HE came into their presence and said “IT IS I; DO NOT BE AFRAID they were glad to take HIM into the boat”!  Hearing from THE MASTER OF THE WIND calmed the storm they were fighting!


Why do I try and navigate my life when ”IT IS I; DO NOT BE AFRAID” is here for me?  Invariably the path that I choose leads me directly into stormy seas and I am FRIGHTENED because of my bad choices.  KING JESUS, cause me to SEE that “IT IS I; DO NOT BE AFRAID” is here to guide my life and this novice needs to yield to HIS GUIDANCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment