Wednesday, January 12, 2022

“A MEMORIAL FOREVER!”

 Joshua 4:5-7                          (ESV)


“[5] And Joshua said to them, “Pass on before the ark of the LORD your GOD into the midst of the Jordan, and take up each of you a stone upon his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the people of Israel, [6] THAT THIS MAY BE A SIGN among you. When your children ask in time to come, ‘What do those stones mean to you?’ [7] then you shall tell them THAT THE WATERS OF THE JORDAN WERE CUT OFF before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it passed over the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. So these stones shall be to the people of Israel “A MEMORIAL FOREVER”.”





Looking back at my life, there is NO DOUBT that ALMIGHTY GOD is in control!  Sure, the events of the summer 2007 is where my thoughts go to first while looking for a sign of HIS providence. When our EYES are OPENED to SEE how GOD is in complete and total control over life, and that HE CHOSE to grant me the opportunity to remain here FOR A LITTLE WHILE, it is humbling and amazing that I am part of HIS PLAN for those HE directs me to touch in my life!  


My testimony is A LOT different from most.  From my parents being divorced when I was four years old to marrying a beautiful woman who has put up with me “for the rest of our lives”!  There is NOTHING that I have done to deserve this, but HIS Blessings are bountiful and HIS GRACE is sufficient.  I thank GOD for HIS PLAN being fulfilled in my life, as stubborn and rebellious as I have been.  


The Children of Israel were crossing the Jordan River, about to enter the Promised Land.  Joshua instructed them to place a stone in the river, “according to the number of the tribes of the people of Israel”, that they SHOULD remember THAT THE WATERS OF THE JORDAN WERE CUT OFF for them by THE ALMIGHTY, not by chance or circumstance!!!  “These stones shall be to the people of Israel “A MEMORIAL FOREVER”, not that they succeeded in their journey from Egypt, but ALMIGHTY GOD delivered them where HE said HE would!!!


It can be monotonous to keep hearing about my deliverance from the Brain Hemorrhage, but GOD told Joshua to place STONES in the Jordan River so that they would be able to tell their offspring about their deliverance, PROVIDED BY ALMIGHTY GOD!  They didn’t cause the Jordan River to back up, but GOD made the passage possible!! Because of Scripture, we have an account of this.  I will FOREVER remember “the valley of the shadow of death” that HE delivered me from in 2007.  Sharing my deliverance will be “A MEMORIAL FOREVER”, as I PRAISE HIM for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment