Monday, January 3, 2022

“IT IS FINISHED!”

 John 19:28-30                        (ESV)


The Death of JESUS


“[28] After this, JESUS, KNOWING THAT ALL WAS NOW FINISHED, said (to fulfill the Scripture), “I thirst.” [29] A jar full of sour wine stood there, so they put a sponge full of the sour wine on a hyssop branch and held it to his mouth. [30] When JESUS had received the sour wine, HE said, “”IT IS FINISHED”,” and HE BOWED HIS HEAD AND GAVE UP HIS SPIRIT”



When JESUS CHRIST was raised from being crucified by my sins, HE must have experienced assistance, for HE WAS DEAD in John 19:30, wasn’t HE???  But John 10:30 says “I and the FATHER are ONE.”?  How could JESUS lay down HIS life and take it back up again if HE is dead?  


In John 10:17-18 JESUS explains to we whose EYES have been OPENED, “For this reason the FATHER loves ME, because I LAY DOWN MY LIFE THAT I MAY TAKE IT UP AGAIN. No one takes it from ME, but I LAY IT DOWN OF MY OWN ACCORD. I HAVE AUTHORITY  to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from MY FATHER.”  Romans 8:11 explains “If THE SPIRIT of HIM WHO raised JESUS from the dead DWELLS IN YOU, HE WHO raised CHRIST JESUS from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his SPIRIT WHO dwells in you.”


These “temporary” temples (or bodies) are only made for a finite amount of time.  The spirit living inside of our bodies can have ETERNAL LIFE, IF we are BORN AGAIN!  JESUS tells Nicodemus in John 3:7 “Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You MUST BE born again.’ If our SPIRIT is BORN AGAIN we have the BLESSED HOPE of eternal life!  For those who haven’t had their EYES OPENED, the time might be drawing near to make that decision???  


Soon JESUS CHRIST will once again say “IT IS FINISHED”.  No other options will be available at that time.  No other plans, no other excuses!  When our CREATOR says “IT IS FINISHED”, IT WILL BE FINISHED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment