Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Is "IT" wrong?

If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer ALL things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ. -1 Corinthians 9:12 I have been asked by many about a number of issues and whether it is my belief that the issue in question (drinking alcohol, lottery, etc ...) is a sin.   All I can say is I believe that JESUS wrapped HIMSELF (Mark Lowry calls HIM GOD in the flesh!)  in flesh for the purpose of redeeming my unworthy soul. (Philippians 2). If HE did that for me, I can give up a few insignificant "luxuries" to not tarnish my witness for HIM!   Romans 6:8-9 (NASB) says "Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him.  I want everyone to know where I stand!  My desire is to leave no doubt where I stand.  I know I am not perfect, but I thank GOD I am forgiven!  

No comments:

Post a Comment