Monday, June 11, 2012

JUST A CHILD!!

Matthew 18:3-4 "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Why does JESUS command us to "turn and become like children"?  Why would a child, so unlearned, unwise, and with a basic lack of understanding as to how the world operates be acceptable to GOD?   Compared to a Holy, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient GOD, the wisest, strongest man alive is no more capable of "assisting" in his salvation than a new born baby!  A new born baby is totally dependent on someone else to do everything else for it.  Eating, transportation, hygiene, everything a person needs has to be provided for them when they are small!   GOD desires for us to rely on HIM literally for our next breath.   For us to trust in our job, bank accounts, or earthly possessions is to have other gods before HIM!   Perhaps that is why JESUS said that we must "turn and become like children"!   GOD does not need my wisdom and knowledge explaining to others why they need to live "right"!  GOD is honored when I live for HIM and abide in HIM.  Only HE can "draw" only "HE" can save.  My prayer is that I will always be reminded that all I am is because of HIM.  HE is my Heavenly FATHER and I am just HIS child!  

No comments:

Post a Comment