Saturday, June 9, 2012

What the FUtURE holds?

Ecclesiastes 7:14  NIV   "When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." The BIBLE is very clear!  In EVERY life there are going to be good times as well as bad times......regardless of some television preachers who espouse otherwise.  The good times are a blessing from HIM!  My wedding day and the birth of my children are THE two biggest earthly blessings I can think of!   But bad times come too!!   Are the bad times a curse from GOD?  Are we paying for some sin or shortcoming?  I used to believe that when "BAD" times occurred that I must have done something "wrong" or against GOD's word.   But, what if GOD is using the "BAD" or lean times to grow us into what HE desires?  What if our potential is not being met?  Jeremiah 29:11 ESV says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."   HIS plans for us may not correspond with "our plans".  Therefore, my plans for my future are probably inferior to HIS.  My heart's desire is to "daily" live for HIM and trust the future and what it holds to HIM!  

No comments:

Post a Comment