Monday, October 8, 2012

A NEW COMMANDMENT!!


John 13:34

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another."

My pastor preached on this Sunday and got me to considering.......Is this not the most complex verse in the Bible?  GOD (in flesh) reminds us that HE loves us (no greater statement EVER made) and then turns right around and let's us know we are to love one another with the SAME love! 

How are we suppose to love the child molesters, and murderers, and cruel people in the world?  Some of those people I would celebrate their demise!  I would even facilitate the downfall of some of them!   

But, JESUS died on the cross for them, just like HE died for me.   Isaiah 64:6 says "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.."   The ONLY way  GOD can even bear to look at me is the covering of me with HIS SON's blood!   

LORD remind me not only where I came from, but where WE are going!  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."!!

No comments:

Post a Comment