Thursday, January 16, 2014

"FLOODS and FIRE"

Isaiah 43:2-3a                (1599 Geneva Bible)
"2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee, and through the floods, that they do not overflow thee. When thou walkest through the very fire, thou shalt not be burnt, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3 For I am the Lord thy God, the holy one of Israel, thy Savior"

Memories of the past have a way of seeming not as bad as the event that causes the memory. I remember when I was younger being told by someone "When you go through a trial, GLEAN everything you can out of that trial, unless you want to go through it again"!

Around 1995 I remember things being pretty desperate around our household.  I had started in the life insurance business in 1992, and decided in 1994 I wanted to go into the property &  casualty end of the industry.  I got my license and opened my own agency not knowing anything about the insurance business.  About 10 months of not knowing what I was doing was enough to drive me to my knees.

One afternoon I closed my office and went to a local park to be alone with GOD. I was wondering if I had made a terrible mistake.  I had my Bible and before I even opened it I prayed that GOD would show me through scripture the path I needed to follow.  I opened my Bible and it was on Isaiah 43.  The verses above almost jumped off of the page at me!  I revisit them from time to time WHEN I am going through trials for assurance that GOD will help me in my time of trouble.

When you have a difficulty or trial ahead of you, don't do like I have done so many times and pray for the trial to be avoided.  Dr. Charles Stanley says "you've got to see it all as coming from ME" when GOD is growing you.  Rather, know that WHEN (not IF) the floods come, HE will be with thee!  And WHEN (not IF) you have to walk through the fires, thou shalt not be burned?  "For 'I AM' thy God" is with you and HE has been through these very waters and fires before!

No comments:

Post a Comment