Monday, January 13, 2014

"Is the SPIRIT WORLD real??"

Mark 9:2-8                            (KJV)
"2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid.
7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
8 And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no man any more, save Jesus only with themselves."

The man who was my pastor when GOD saved my soul had a bunch of sayings when he would read scripture, my favorite being "When you see the word "THEREFORE", look and see what it is there for".  That developed my curiosity into what GOD was saying to me through HIS WORD.  The Word of GOD is not haphazardly put together. Every word of every sentence is spoken, or written, where it is in scripture for a reason.  I may not understand all of those reasons right now, but one day GOD will reveal HIS truths to me. Either while I am here on earth, or when my Spirit gets to Heaven.

This passage starts out by saying "after six days"?  I am not sure of the significance of "six days", but it took GOD "six days" to create the worlds.  JESUS took Peter, James, and John to a high mountain......APART BY THEMSELVES!  I find it interesting that they were apart from all of the hustle, bustle of the crowds, to witness JESUS being TRANSFIGURED right before their eyes!  My mind goes to Jeremiah 29:13 where it is written "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."  You can't experience the things of GOD if your eyes are focused on the things of this world.  Maybe we don't experience the fullness of GOD because we are too busy being a part of this world and not focusing on the "SPIRIT WORLD"!

HIS raiment (clothing) became glorified, like nothing they had ever seen.  JESUS was seen talking with Elijah and Moses.  I have no idea who had images of Elijah and Moses, but they were known to Peter, James, and John.  Peter, not knowing what to say, offered that they should build a tabernacles, one for each Spirit they had seen.

But then, they all got a memory that overshadowed everything they had ever experienced. GOD HIMSELF spoke "This is my beloved Son: hear him"!  But then suddenly, they looked around and everything was gone.  The "CLOUD", Moses, Elijah.......everything was back to normal!  I can imagine that Peter, James, and John were wanting the experience to last a little while longer.

The "SPIRIT WORLD" experienced by Pater, James, and John is the real world!  John 4:24 says "GOD is a Spirit"!  Ephesians 6:12 says "For we wrestle NOT against FLESH and BLOOD, but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against the rulers of the DARKNESS of this WORLD, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in high places."  I can relate with how John felt when he spoke in John 1:23 and said "I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness".  The enemy keeps us so busy with this world, that we don't have time for the "SPIRIT WORLD" where he has already been defeated!  No one enjoys defeat, and no one wants to be reminded of eternal punishment. Maybe that is why satan attempts to keep us so busy, so we won't remind him of WHO has won!

No comments:

Post a Comment