Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"CEASE STRIVING!"

Psalms 46:10
King James Version
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

English Standard Version
""Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

1599 Geneva Bible
"Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the heathen, and I will be exalted in the earth."

New American Standard Bible
"“CEASE STRIVING and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”


I enjoy reading different translations of the Holy Bible.  Sometimes GOD may need to tell me something, and HE needs to adjust the way I hear things to affect my life. The King James Version was reportedly written in 1611 and the 1599 Geneva Bible was reportedly written in, oddly enough, in 1560.  The New American Standard Version wasn't translated initially until 1963.  The English Standard Version was published in 2001.  Just because a translation is older does not lend itself to more TRUTH. If GOD can speak through a donkey, HE can certainly speak through a different translation of HIS WORD!

One of my favorite verses is Psalms 46:10.  GOD spoke to me while I was off work from the stroke in 2007, telling me that HE could make me be still if I didn't want to slow down long enough to listen to HIM. This morning, while reading the New American Standard Version of the Bible, I came across Psalms 46:10 and thought I was reading a different chapter and verse!

"CEASE STRIVING" is so different in my mind from BE STILL.  Yet what else would I need to BE STILL for?  If I "CEASE STRIVING" the inference is that I will have to relax and rest in The LORD!  I have always had the mentality of a race horse in the starting gate.  I tend to be all tensed up and just waiting for the starting gate to open so I can do all kinds of things for The LORD.  And all the time, HE is wanting me to "CEASE STRIVING" and let HIM do things through me!

I will leave Be STILL on my Facebook wall, but I will seek to "CEASE STRIVING" in my life.  I want to be the one who is waiting on The LORD, and not the one who is trying to out-perform the next guy. I want to "CEASE STRIVING" in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment