Friday, March 7, 2014

"THE LOVE OF GOD!"

1 John 4:19-21                      (1599 Geneva Bible)
"19 We love him, because he loved us first.
20 If any man say, I love God, and hate his brother, he is a liar: for how can he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, love God whom he hath not seen?
21 And this commandment have we of him, that he that loveth God, should love his brother also."


I have been hurt by people in my past who were very dear to me.  The people you are not close to, you tend to not care about so much.  The people you really care about can be the ones who hurt you the deepest.  The real measure of a person is whether they can LOVE when they are truly hurt by someone they love.

This scripture can be very convicting if you are harboring ill feelings about how you have been treated. GOD told Dr. Charles Stanley, when dealing with hurt caused by his friends,  "You've got to see it all as coming from me!"  When I get defensive and want to draw-up into my shell and not be exposed to pain or disappointment, I try to remember the words from Dr. Stanley.  The lessons GOD may be wanting you to learn could not be revealed any other way.

GOD can teach us through a  number of venues.  When you are looking for HIM, you can find HIM!  Jeremiah 29:13 says "And ye shall seek me, and find me, because ye shall seek me with all your heart."  I pray that I will seek HIM in all that is presented to me, as I prefer learning pleasant lessons over trials and tribulations.  But when others hurt my feelings, I pray I remember the pain I caused The SON OF GOD when HE willingly hung on a tree for me at Calvary!

No comments:

Post a Comment