Tuesday, March 11, 2014

"TIME ALONE!!"

Genesis 32:24-29                  (1599 Geveva Bible)
"24 Now when Jacob was left himself alone, there wrestled a man with him unto the breaking of the day.
25 And he saw that he could not prevail against him: therefore he touched the hollow of his thigh, and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was loosed, as he wrestled with him.
26 And he said, Let me go, for the morning appeareth. Who answered, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
27 Then said he unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob.
28 And said he, Thy name shall be called Jacob no more, but ISRAEL: because thou hast had power with God, thou shalt also prevail with men.
29 And Jacob demanded, saying, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore now dost thou ask my name? and he blessed him there."


Recently I had to drive to several cities within the state where I live.  I drove over 400 miles and had four appointments in one day.  Needless to say, I was TIRED when I finally got home.  But I love to spend TIME ALONE with The LORD while driving.  I do not play the radio or CD player, just talk and listen to the LORD!

In the scripture above, Jacob was troubled in his mind with what he thought Esau was going to do to him.  He already had a plan devised and split up his servants to go a different way so Esau would not find him.  In verse 24 Jacob was ALONE and wrestled "a man" until dawn. But GOD has HIS own plan!

Jacob wrestled with the Angel of GOD until dawn, and refused to loose the Angel when the sun begin to come up.  The Angel gave Jacob a new name, "Israel", and a nation had a new name!

Israel's current land mass is slightly less than 10,500 sq miles.  Israel has never been a large land mass country, but they have always been GOD'S chosen people.  GOD has a plan!  Finding where you fit into that plan can be a challenge.  Jacob (Israel) had to wrestle with the Angel of The LORD until dawn one morning to get his blessing.  In Jeremiah 29:13 it is written "And ye shall seek me, and find me, because ye shall seek me with ALL YOUR HEART."

LORD IN HEAVEN, I pray that I will refuse to let go of YOU when I am seeking YOUR blessing!  Help me to spend TIME ALONE with YOU during times when I am troubled by the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment