Saturday, March 1, 2014

"WHO ART THOU???"

James 4:10-12              (KJV)
"10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
11 SPEAK NOT EVIL one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is ONE lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: WHO ART THOU that judgest another?"


Everybody has faults!  Whether they admit their faults, or not, is another story.  I know people who want to expose the wrongs of others, yet never mention any wrongs they may have done.

The scriptures above tell us that one should not judge someone else.  It is so tempting to get caught up in telling how someone else has failed.  The thing is, we "ALL" (Romans 3:23) have failed!  And most of us get pretty defensive when others want to shine a light on our failures.  The Apostle Paul says in 2 Corinthians "for when I am weak, then I am strong"!  I believe Paul is saying, when I humble myself and admit I am weak, then I become strong in relying on JESUS in my life.

"WHO ART THOU" to judge someone else?  I can find plenty of people who do plenty of wrong.  GOD is able to judge the wrongs of others. HE is does not need my help correcting them.  Just because we are one of HIS chosen does not mean HE needs us to do ALL of HIS work.  If John 6:44 is true ("No man can come to me, EXCEPT THE FATHER WHICH SENT ME DRAW HIM: and I will raise him up at the last day."), I should let GOD and HIS HOLY SPIRIT convict and work in people's lives.  When HE needs me to intervene, HE will make it clear!

Going back to the start, I am of the belief that I should "Humble myself in the sight of the Lord"(v10).  HE is faithful to do what HE said HE would do.  Am I faithful to trust HIM to "lift me up"?  And to proclaim that HE is the ONE who lifts people up when they humble themselves in HIS sight?

No comments:

Post a Comment