Thursday, March 6, 2014

"I WANT TO BE HOLY!"

Isaiah 44:1-2             (1599 Geneva Bible)
"1 Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant, and Israel whom I have chosen.
2 Thus saith the LORD, that made thee, and formed thee from the womb: HE will help thee. Fear not, O Jacob, my servant, and thou righteous whom I have chosen."


My spirit has been dealing with GOD'S PLAN for my portion in life for the past few weeks.  The struggles and challenges of living for HIM are sometimes great, but recently I have a JOY and EXCITEMENT that I can't explain.

When I realize that the GOD OF CREATION chose me, just like HE did Jacob/Israel, it floods my soul with gladness.  GOD formed me in the womb and HE ordains the steps I take.  Proverbs 20:24 tells me "The steps of man are ruled by the Lord: how can a man then understand his own way?"

GOD will direct your steps when you desire to follow HIM!  One of my favorite passages in scripture is Proverbs 3:5-7 which reads "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own wisdom. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy ways. Be not wise in thine own eyes: but fear the Lord, and depart from evil."  Why should we trust in our own wisdom when ALMIGHTY GOD is waiting to guide us!

To come to the realization that THE HOLY GOD gives direction to me is a privilege beyond description.  I desire to live for HIM and I pray that my life is a testament on how to live for HIM!  Geron Davis, songwriter, says in a preface to a song he wrote called "HUNGER FOR HOLINESS", these words.  "I want my words, my actions, my life, to be acceptable in HIS sight.  I want nothing less than Holiness.  I want to be Holy, like JESUS. I want my life to be an example of what HE is to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment