Wednesday, March 12, 2014

"PROPITIATION"

Psalms 86:15                       (KJV)
15 But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.


I love my sons more than words can express.  Although they are 26 & 23 years old, I still go by and see them (usually buying their lunch) and "talk about how things are going"!  There doesn't have to be a reason or crisis, just being able to spend time with the one's who I love me makes the day special to me.

But as much as I love my boys, GOD loves me more!  And GOD desires to spend time with us, even more than I do with my children.  In 1 John 4:10 scripture records "Herein is love, not that we loved GOD, but that HE loved us, and sent HIS SON [to be] the propitiation for our sins."  GOD sent HIS SON to pay the price we did not have the ability to pay!  "PROPITIATE" means to satisfy the demands of someone.

For us to spend time with GOD, we have to be HOLY.  (1 Peter 1:13-16).  The only way for the human race to be HOLY, is to have the Spirit of JESUS CHRIST living inside of us. When I fall short of HIS GLORY, GOD does not tell me how much I failed (regrettably like I sometimes did my sons).  GOD loves me into obeying HIS direction for my life.

GOD loves me so much that HE paid the debt I could not pay so I would be able to commune with HIM.  But GOD also orchestrates my life to glorify HIM (Ephesians 4:11-16). One day, just as I love to spend time with my sons, I will be able to spend all of my time with the ONE who "PROPITIATED" my debt for me.  I pray you will be able to do the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment