Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"GARDEN BOXES!"

Luke 6:43-45               (1599 Geneva Bible)
"43 For it is not a good tree that bringeth forth evil fruit: neither an evil tree, that bringeth forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit: for neither of thorns gather men figs, nor of bushes gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."


A couple of weeks ago my wife and I were building two more "garden boxes" behind our house.  While assembling the "garden boxes", I accidentally punctured my finger with the drill I was using!  The pain was pretty bad, yet after recovering from the near fainting spell, I continued assembling the box. In my younger days I would have thrown something, or said something not worth repeating!  I have physically matured a little since.  I have matured spiritually immensely since!

The "garden boxes" we built last year were pretty successful. We harvested tomatoes and okra well into November!  I love cantaloupes, but we didn't plant any cantaloupe seeds, conversely we didn't get to harvest any cantaloupes.  We only harvested what we planted, watered, helped grow till harvest time.

JESUS was telling us in Luke 6:43-45 that we can't expect good to come from bad!  If we plant evil, water evil, and help evil grow, at harvest we should not be surprised when evil is what we reap.  And if we sew good, we can expect good crops!  You shouldn't be surprised when one's mouth harvests things that have been planted, watered, and nurtured.  When you see the harvest, it is only what has been sewn.

The puncture of my finger is slowly healing, although the drill bit went all the way to the bone.  The wound is healing, but the scar will remain.  I pray that the words that come out of my mouth will be words that will no longer leave a scar, but used to harvest good fruit in my "GARDEN BOXES"!

No comments:

Post a Comment