Monday, March 3, 2014

"GOD INCARNATE"

Psalms 31:14-16            (NASB)
"14 But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord,
I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in Your hand;
Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.
16 Make Your face to shine upon Your servant;
Save me in Your lovingkindness."

James 4:13-17                (NASB)
"13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.”
14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.
15 Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.”
16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil.
17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin."


Most mornings I read the headlines on the front page of the local newspaper and the obituary page. The rest of the newspaper has not proven worthy of my time to invest in reading.  Today there was a name very familiar to me in the obituaries. She was a very sweet lady who was very considerate and helpful to others. She was not "OLD", just passed retirement age.  She left here for her eternal reward in a far better place.

We ALL get caught up in the hustle-bustle rat race we call LIFE!  Seldom do we sit down and plan for the end stages of life?  How will I leave this life!  Will I go in my sleep tomorrow!  Will I be the resident of a nursing home for a number of years?  Will I go in an auto accident in 12 years?  Will this earthly life end due age and deterioration of this body?  Or maybe GOD will decide it is TIME and I will be RAPTURED?!?  How will this life end?

King David wrote Psalms 39.  He was "a man after GOD's own heart"(1 Samuel 13:14).  The book of James was written by the brother of JESUS.  These two passages were written by two men who loved GOD immensely.  "My times" "are just a vapor" that appear briefly, and then "vanishes away"!  What lies before me is unknown for me. I trust GOD alone with my next breath and the future.

Most reports indicate that 10 of the 12 disciples were martyred.  One would think the disciples were the most dedicated to JESUS (GOD INCARNATE).  The disciples knew that they had experienced GOD INCARNATE and their reward was not of this world. The Priests and hierarchy of the church (Pharisees and Sadducees) were so caught up in their rituals and man-made traditions that when GOD INCARNATE appeared right before their eyes, they couldn't even see HIM!

Does JESUS appear before me at times and I not even see HIM because I am so caught up in my RAT-RACE?  How many times do I fail to see GOD INCARNATE right before my eyes?  Could I be just like those who thought so much of themselves that they were blinded to see GOD INCARNATE?

Scripture tells us our times here on earth are just "a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away"!  FATHER IN HEAVEN, cause me to keep my eyes focused on the things of Heaven and not miss GOD INCARNATE when HE passes my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment