Monday, July 7, 2014

"A HOLY GRUNT!!"

John 10:22-28      (KJV)
"22 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter. 23 And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon’s porch. 24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly. 25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me. 26 But ye believe not, because YE ARE NOT OF MY SHEEP, as I said unto you. 27 MY SHEEP HEAR my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."


This morning while reading scripture I was directed to a DEVOTIONAL website that offered the following:

"The most difficult part of hearing God is the fact that it TAKES TIME to learn to discern God's voice -- and it takes a humble heart. Jeremiah 29:12-13 says, "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

We can't make demands on Almighty God. We can't shake our fist at the sky and say, 'all right God, let me hear you.' But we can ask, seek, and knock, and the Bible promises that God will open the door. God will reveal Himself to those who humbly seek Him."

While meditating, it was revealed to me this interesting dichotomy.  "Hearing GOD" and "hearing from GOD" can be a confusing thing.  There are recorded times in the Bible that an audible sound emanated from Heaven and the people spoken to KNEW they were hearing GOD.  The are other times when GOD's presence is so evident that the people know that ONLY GOD could have caused what transpired.  When JESUS was asked in John 10:22-42 by the Jewish "leaders" why HE was keeping the mystery from them, HE replied "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"!  People who choose not to hear HIS voice can't follow what they choose not to hear.

For quite a long time in my life I was too busy to hear GOD speaking to me.  HE had to SHOUT to get my attention!  The television was constantly on at my house, or I had the radio/tape player/CD player on in my vehicle, or some other noise to prevent me from hearing a "still, small voice" (1 Kings 19:11-13).  Seven years ago this Wednesday morning, GOD let me know that things were not as important as I might have thought.  When control over what words you say and your ability to walk are removed, your perspective on life is forever changed.  I have learned since to listen.........not only to people differently, but to GOD in a whole new way.

I am one of HIS sheep, and I want everyone to know that HE is speaking to me, that I know HIS voice, and I am following HIM.  The path I follow may not make sense to the world, much as it didn't to the Jewish leaders in JESUS' time, but  it is my goal to follow HIS lead wherever HE may direct me.  It is my desire to be so sensitive to HIS leadership that all HE has to express is "A HOLY GRUNT", and I will listen to HIM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment