Friday, July 4, 2014

A shining "LIGHT"!

John 1:1-5                 (KJV)
"1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the LIGHT of men. 5 And the LIGHT shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."


Lying in bed this morning, I was just meditating about the sun coming up making the plants in the garden to grow. Of course, there must be water (usually rain) applied to those plants for them to survive. I am no horticulturist, but I have been told that plants do their growing at night, out of the sunlight.  But they have to be exposed to the sun light to flourish.

Likewise, humans have to be exposed to SONLIGHT to flourish.  Without the affects of the light of JESUS CHRIST, the world would be "without form, and void" (Genesis 1:2).  Creation is a reflection of the Love of GOD, including mankind, both believers and non-believers.  Just because there are non-believers does not signify these people are mean spirited or hateful. But since GOD is love and they do not have an exposure to GOD, or HIS SON mentioned in John 1:1-5, "the darkness" cannot comprehend HIS LIGHT.  We have to realize that there will always be darkness.  GOD created the Light to shine in the darkness (John 1:5).

A lot of people mistakenly have the impression that people who have been exposed to the "LIGHT" have been charged with making sure the darkness is identified and castigated.  But JESUS said in John 16:7-9 that "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter (HOLY SPIRIT) will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.  And when he is come, he will reprove (convict) the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:  Of sin, because they believe not on me".

Just like the plants I began this discussion about, the harvest will come one of these days. The plants, and the fruit they produce, will be harvested.  The weeds and "tares" will be left in the darkness as waste.  Rev. Billy Graham said it quite well when he said "It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, GOD's job to judge and my job to love!"  I am called to love JESUS and others, and let the Holy Spirit handle HIS job!  A "LIGHT" isn't required to do anything but shine in darkness. I just need to make sure I shine for HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment