Friday, July 25, 2014

"MIRRORS!"

Psalms 19:13-14                   (KJV)
"Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."


Many times in my life I have said something that I regretted soon after saying it.  I am not too proud to say that the use my tongue has not always been prudent nor timely.  And it is with a degree of humility that I must state I am joined in my bad judgement by more than a few!

King David knew that a mouth of a man ultimately displays what is in the heart of the man.  In Matthew 12:34 JESUS says "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks"!  A person can appear to be happy and smiley, but let the heat get turned up a bit and the venom starts flowing.  David pleaded with The LORD to make "the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart" be acceptable in HIS sight!  HE knew that man did not have to pleased by what was said, but GOD needed to be pleased, not only with the words that came from his mouth, but the thoughts that came from his heart!

Our lives are similar to "MIRRORS".  We reflect who we stand in front of the most.  When I slow my life down enough to study GOD's Word and ponder HIS principles, the reflection I shine is from HIM.  When I am hurried and don't take time in prayer, bible study, and confession of my sins, my sinful nature is displayed for all to see.

FATHER in HEAVEN, I pray that I will ever be before YOUR throne seeking guidance and direction as I live my life.  I pray that my life will "MIRROR" Your goodness and mercy.  The enemy will want me to reflect his traits through the "MIRROR" of my life, but it is my desire to reflect YOUR traits in my "MIRROR"!

No comments:

Post a Comment