Monday, July 28, 2014

"Can this be the CHRIST?"

John 4:24-29                      (ESV)
"24 GOD is spirit, and those who worship HIM 'must' worship in spirit and truth."
25 The woman said to him, "I know that Messiah is coming (HE who is called CHRIST). When HE comes, HE will tell us all things."
26 JESUS said to her, "I who speak to you am HE."
27 Just then his disciples came back. They marveled that he was talking with a woman, but no one said, "What do you seek?" or, "Why are you talking with her?"
28 So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people,
29 "Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the CHRIST?"


Remembering back to my childhood, memories come back of a board game where players would put their fingers on a game piece provided by the manufacturers and the game piece would supposedly move to the answer to whatever question that was before the participants of the game.  Although I never placed any faith in the game or the answers from the board, some participants altered their plans for the future because of a board game!

The SPRIT world is extremely real and people who take it lightly do so foolishly.  John 4:24 says "GOD is SPIRIT"!  In Genesis 1:26 GOD says "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness".  If GOD is spirit, and we are made in HIS image, then it stands to reason we are a spirit.  Our beings have an opportunity to receive life (spiritual) eternal through the sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST, but most ignore the spirit world, much like I ignored the board game of my youth.

The woman at the well was speaking to GOD INCARNATE (JESUS) yet did not recognize HIM.  She told the people "Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did.  Can this be the CHRIST?"  JESUS had told her from HIS own lips in verse twenty six "I who speak to you am HE"!  Yet, she is asking the people "Can this be the CHRIST?"

Everyone has to make their own decision "Can this be the CHRIST?"  We cannot run to our friends and get their opinion, like the woman at the well.  As much as I love my family, I cannot believe for them!  Everyone must make that choice for themselves.  Just like I made the decision not to place my faith in a board game, we must ALL decide whether JESUS CHRIST is GOD INCARNATE?  We must ALL decide "Can this be the CHRIST?"

No comments:

Post a Comment