Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"A TIME TO DIE"

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8                    (ESV)
"1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and "A TIME TO DIE"; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to KEEP SILENCE, and a TIME TO SPEAK;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace."


Today is a monumental day for me.  Seven years ago today I experienced a brain hemorrhage that the LORD has used to gain tremendous glory in my life.  As long as I am here on this earth, I will proclaim the goodness of the ONE who gives life, and the ONE who takes life!

Just yesterday, a friend and fellow insurance agent was driving on interstate and had a single vehicle accident.  He was killed in the mishap.  Little is known regarding the accident. The only sure thing known is a man was driving, and a few minutes later he was dead!

The seasons of life we live in have a way of speaking to us in a LOUD voice that GOD is in control.  No one can explain why I survived and recovered the way I did.   Likewise, no one can explain why my friend did not make it to lunch yesterday.  We live as though we are in total and complete control of our surroundings.  When I awoke seven years ago, I could not walk nor could I put a sentence together!  Talk about being "out-of-control"!!!  If I have learned anything since, it is that GOD is the ONLY ONE in control!

To say that the past seven years has been a great blessing is a huge understatement.  Where I could be is a story I choose to not think much about.  I pray for my friends family as they adjust to life without their husband/father.  One of these days, should the LORD tarry HIS return, my family will have to adjust to my departure.  I have made my preparations!  When "A TIME TO DIE" comes for you, what plans have you made?

No comments:

Post a Comment