Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"ALS ICE-WATER CHALLENGE!!"

There are SO many people doing the "ALS Ice-Water Challenge" where they pour a container of ice-water over their head to raise funds for research and ultimately a cure for ALS.  The fact that this terrible disease is having so much attention drawn to it is well worth ice being applied to a few heads in the cold winter time, much less during the heat of summer!

Compassionate people do not want to see anyone suffer with a disease or any hardship.  But trials and tribulations are certain to visit each of us.  John 16:33 says we "shall have tribulation"!  I have had people VERY dear to me who have experienced debilitating illnesses.  I have also seen people who never experienced any physical suffering, but slipped into eternity rather quickly.

But how many people are speeding into an eternity with no hope?  When will your eternity begin?  How will you spend your eternity!  I choose not to dump ice water on my bald head, not because I think it is uncool or a bad thing.  However, the REAL disease of ignoring a HOLY GOD is something I wish to draw attention to!  If getting my head wet would draw attention to that......  it may he worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment