Friday, August 15, 2014

"CLEAN HEART!!"

Psalms 51:10-13                 (KJV)
"10 Create in me a "CLEAN HEART", O God; and renew a right SPIRIT within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy HOLY SPIRIT from me.
12 Restore unto me the JOY of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and SINNERS shall be CONVERTED unto thee."



A few years ago a friend and I were discussing my recently found propensity to write things down so I wouldn't forget them.  He then spoke a comment that I had to write down for memory's sake.  "Writing helps crystallize my thoughts and enables me to better articulate my deductions" is something Bishop Robert E. Smith, Jr said that the LORD has used to help transform my life.  I find having the Holy Spirit guide my thoughts onto paper is one of the most effective filters to assure haste doesn't prevail when I open my mouth!

This morning when I awoke, the verse from Psalms 51:10 was on my heart.  "Create in me a clean heart" is a prayer that I want to live out in my life.  It is my desire to have a heart that GOD not only is pleased with, but that HE can work through for HIS glory.  The Holy Spirit can, and does, renew a right spirit within me.  In Titus 3:5 scripture records "NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH WE HAVE DONE, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and RENEWING of the HOLY GHOST"!  I cannot perform enough so-called good deeds to deserve HIS acceptance.  Only through the HOLY GHOST renewing my spirit can I come before a Holy GOD!

The phrase "actions speak louder than words" has never been more aptly stated than in Psalms 51:13.  "Then will I teach" might be better stated "Then, through my obedience to YOU, may others observe" that I am a vessel rescued by YOUR grace.  As I have written before, we should be a "MIRROR" that reflects CHRIST so SINNERS can be CONVERTED for HIS glory!

Reverend Billy Graham says "It is the Holy Spirit's job to convict, GOD's job to judge and my job to love!"  The main thing I need to be concerned with is making sure I have a "CLEAN HEART" before my GOD, and letting HIM use my "CLEAN HEART" for HIS glory!  The Holy Spirit doesn't need my help convicting and GOD doesn't need my help judging!  I need GOD's help in displaying HIS love to a lost and dying world!  My part is to LOVE with a "CLEAN HEART"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment