Thursday, August 21, 2014

"my PUPPIES!!"

1 Corinthians 2:13-16              (ESV)
"13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
14 THE NATURAL PERSON DOES NOT ACCEPT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD, FOR THEY ARE FOLLY TO HIM, AND HE IS NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED!
15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
16 "For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ."


Most are aware that my wife I acquired two "PUPPIES" a few years back, one from either son.  Our "PUPPIES" are mix-breeds that weigh about 65 pounds each.  Most days, while eating breakfast and dinner, both "PUPPIES" sit at my feet waiting to lick my plate when I am through eating.  My wife never gets those gazing, begging eyes looking at her, as she never has allowed the "PUPPIES" to clean her plate.  The now almost five-year old "PUPPIES" never get enough nutrition from licking my plate to satisfy their appetite, but the enjoyment of being able to eat from the same plate I do has become a treat that MUST be completed daily.

Just like my "PUPPIES" have to lick my plate daily, I MUST have a time every morning when I feed off of the Word of GOD.  The admission is something that I am proud of, but I realize that the desire placed in my heart comes from a HOLY GOD.   It is not something I deserve nor can even work toward.  As a matter of fact, the Apostle Paul says "the things of the Spirit of GOD are a FOLLY" to the natural man.  I should not feel proud about my desire to know more about GOD and HIS principles, rather humbled HE has placed that desire in my life!

Others may read my writings with some skepticism and might even consider me fanatical.  But the "mind of CHRIST" (v.16) is leading and directing my paths and actions.  What the world thinks of me should not influence me, as my concern is what The CREATOR thinks of my actions. The Holy Bible is the standard my life is judged against and that is why I have such a desire to follow the directions in it.

Just like my "PUPPIES" enjoy licking my plate every morning, I MUST have my regular serving from the Word of GOD!  The Natural Person will not accept the things of GOD, for he will consider them a folly!  He will not understand them because they are spiritually discerned.  My prayer is my life will be an example to them of a life that serves CHRIST and lives for HIM.  While my "PUPPIES" do not get the nutrition needed to sustain their diet from licking my plate, the Spiritual nutrition received from GOD's Word more than sustains my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment