Saturday, August 23, 2014

"OVERCOMER!"

Matthew 10:26-33           (KJV)
"26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.
27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: BUT RATHER FEAR HIM WHICH IS ABLE TO DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."



Being confused for a biblical scholar is not something I will ever have to be concerned with.  However, I recently found a story about a Jewish professor who discovered archeological evidence (stones and bones) that validates the account of David and Goliath in the Old Testament.  That doesn't surprise me, but I am certain there are those who believe that the Bible is just a book of fables!  They will one day learn better.

JESUS speaking (in RED LETTER editions) in the New Testament, and for the entirety of this lesson, instructs us over and over again to "FEAR NOT"!  But in verse 28 JESUS lets us know the only FEAR should be for the one "WHICH IS ABLE TO DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY IN HELL."  One cannot win the battle with satan on their own.  The only ONE who can/has overcome evil is JESUS CHRIST!

In the book of John chapter 16 verse 33, JESUS once again speaks and says "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me YE MIGHT HAVE PEACE. In the world YE SHALL HAVE TRIBULATION: but BE OF GOOD CHEER; I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD."  

JESUS said we WOULD have tribulation.  HE didn't say we MIGHT have tribulation!  That statement is followed with a colon!  The next statement, BE OF GOOD CHEER, is followed with a semi-colon.  The next statement, I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD, is followed by a PERIOD!  The victory has been won, end of story!  The sentence is complete!


There will be those who will never believe the things of GOD.  There are those who think they don't need any help orchestrating their way through life.  Only the Creator of the heavens and earth was able to "OVERCOME" the doubt and fear the enemy uses on us. The "OVERCOMER" has won the battle.  All we need to do is trust in HIM for the victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment