Wednesday, May 18, 2016

"BE STILL!"

Psalms 46:10                  (ESV)
""BE STILL", and know that I am GOD.  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"



Only by choosing NOT TO BE SLAVES to our own reasonings and emotions can we win the battle for our minds and begin hearing the voice of GOD within us. (Using our FAITH hearing)

This sentence comes from an online Bible Study that I read about 3-4 months ago.  In my quiet time I have repeated this over and over again until I have not only memorized it, but have used it to fend off the enemy when under attack rather often.  When you "break it down", the sentence is an amazing statement of true FAITH that everyone needs to experience.

ONLY BY CHOOSING says to me we have to make a CHOICE many times a day to listen to GOD rather than the noise the enemy attempts to make us hear!

NOT TO BE SLAVES means we realize we will be held CAPTIVE if we make the wrong CHOICES.  I remember studying about the Civil War.  Some SLAVES remained in SLAVERY because they didn't know how to be free!  We have to realize the price that was paid to free us from SLAVERY and never go back there again.

TO OUR OWN REASONINGS AND EMOTIONS says that trying to figure things out and know what our future holds is NOT walking by FAITH!  If we figure a way to cross our Red Sea, then we don't need GOD to part the Red Sea on our behalf!  TRUSTING in GOD requires NOT figuring things out!

CAN WE WIN THE BATTLE FOR OUR MINDS tells me that a constant war is taking place over what we will be thinking about.  Colossians 3:2 says "Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth."  For us to SET OUR MINDS means we have to make a conscious decision on what our MINDS will be thinking.  We can't let the enemy select for us!

BEGIN HEARING THE VOICE OF GOD WITHIN US tells me that GOD is desiring to speak to us, but my mind is SO besieged by the NOISE generated by the enemy that we can't hear GOD speaking to us most of the time.  That is why Psalms 46:10 is such an important verse of the BIBLE to me.  ""BE STILL", and know that I am GOD. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"  We MUST "BE STILL" to hear from GOD and NOT listen to the noise of "this world"!  "BE STILL"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment