Thursday, May 19, 2016

"SETVE GOD AND MONEY!"

Luke 16:10-13                                  (ESV)
"10 "One who is faithful in a very little is also faithful in much, and one who is dishonest in a very little is also dishonest in much.
11 If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?
12 And if you have not been faithful in that which is another's, who will give you that which is your own?
13 No servant can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot "SERVE GOD AND MONEY"."



Throughout my life I have always had the "urge" to be successful, but never to live a lifestyle of exorbitance.  Never understanding why, I have been just as content fishing a local waterway near my home with absolutely no one around as visiting a large city with commerce galore!  Recently I heard a song named "Little is much when GOD is in it" and so I decided to read the scripture that was behind the song.  In doing so, the reason behind my not desiring to live a life of luxury for all to see (and judge) became clear rather quickly!

When a CHOICE is made between "SERVING GOD AND MONEY", the bigger decision has been made to let your life be consumed with either GOD or MONEY?  For too many years I have desired to serve GOD while keeping the earthly desire to at least be comfortable in terms of wealth where GOD has placed me in this world.  But I have lived in L.A. (Lower Arkansas) most of my life, and there aren't many Billionaires living in this neck of the woods!  While it would be nice to have a private jet to jump on at my leisure and travel to distant destinations, I am satisfied traveling in my 10 year+ old Tahoe to where I am going.  The desires of "this world" become less and less attractive  the closer I get to HIM!

JESUS made it sparkling clear to HIS disciples that man cannot "SERVE GOD AND MONEY", that trying to gain "this world" will cause us to miss GOD's purpose for our lives.  The happiest, most content people I have ever met are ones who SERVE others, who "do for" others instead of having things "done for" them!  Wealth and fortune will all pass away, but treasures laid up in Heaven will last an eternity.

Although the desire to live in a comfortable manner with my future income all planned out is a goal of mine, I do NOT plot and plan what lies ahead of me like I formerly did.  Understanding that you cannot "SERVE GOD AND MONEY" has become more and more clear to me, and I CHOOSE to live my life SERVING others!

No comments:

Post a Comment