Sunday, September 11, 2016

"BE STRONG IN THE LORD!"

Ephesians 6:12                (ESV)
"10 Finally, "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" and in the strength of HIS might.
11 Put on the whole armor of GOD, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."





September 11, 2001 began as a "normal" day.   Being at home by myself and having the television on while I was getting ready for work, the first news I heard of the "9-11 attacks" was that "a" plane had apparently  just flown into one of the towers at the World Trade Center in New York City.   As I continued readying myself for work, I wasn't paying a LOT of attention to the news, UNTIL the second airliner was crashed into the second tower of the World Trade Center.   Then I was almost mesmerized by the news.  Fifteen years ago seems like such a long time ago?

One thing I am MORE CERTAIN now than ever is the "war" we are engaged in is a Spiritual War, one between evil and good.   The HOLY BIBLE has answers for every problem we face, it's just the enemy attempts to get us moving so quickly we don't think we have time to "Be Still, and know that HE IS GOD"!!!  I remember the United States was VERY still for the remainder of September 11, 2001 and the next couple of days.   GOD has a way of allowing what we see as "bad things" to get our attention.  America was still for a day or two, and then we were back making plans on how to retaliate for the atrocities that were committed against us on that morning.

But that's not the only vivid case of tragedy being overcome and a hectic pace being resumed that I am familiar with.  When my brain hemorrhaged in 2007 I was VERY STILL for over a month but I was left with hardly any noticeable handicaps, or deficits.  Trying to get back to work and in the flow of something productive consumed my every waking moment.  GOD allowed me to buy our business back and I slowly was getting back to my "old self", but then I realized that my "old self" was not what GOD wanted me to be.  Showing a changed man is what GOD wants to display in my life.  GOD, once again, defeated evil forces and today I am living proof!

The struggle between "good" and "evil" is not hard to SEE "IF" your eyes have been opened to SEE TRUTH!!  But if your EYES have not been opened, you can't SEE the TRUTH even if it's right in front of your face.  "We do not wrestle against flesh and blood", but against evil forces that are continually increasing in size.  They evil forces WILL BE defeated, and GOD will use those who can "BE STRONG IN THE LORD" to accomplish HIS will and Plan!  Don't get caught up in the enemy's deception, but "BE STRONG IN THE LORD"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment