Tuesday, December 5, 2017

“HE HAS MERCY!”

“HE HAS MERCY!”

Romans 9:13-18                             (ESV)
“13 As it is written, "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on GOD’s part? By no means!
15 For HE says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."
16 So then it depends NOT ON HUMAN WILL OR EXERTION, but on GOD, who has MERCY.
17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show MY power in you, and that MY NAME might be proclaimed in all the earth."
18 So then “HE HAS MERCY” on whomever HE wills, and HE hardens whomever HE wills.”



The events surrounding the “blessing” being placed on Jacob (later known as Israel) instead of Esau used to seem so unfair to me.   Esau was the oldest of twin sons born to Isaac and Rebecca and was therefore expected to be granted the heirs portion when it was passed down by the father.  Isaac’s eyesight was failing and Jacob came in and was “blessed” with the inheritance that Isaac thought was being placed on Esau.  But Esau had GIVEN UP his birthright to Jacob when he was hungry for a bowl of stew.   

Now I’m sure this sell wasn’t published in the Wall Street Journal of the time?  Jacob must have been made aware that the birthright was FAR more valuable than Esau understood AT THE TIME?  Regardless, ALMIGHTY GOD knew that transaction had taken place, just like HE knows who chooses to serve HIM today!  

Is it because some are more worthy than others that they get selected as followers?  There is no rhyme or reason why some are chosen and others are not chosen.   If you are being “wooed” by the HOLY SPIRIT it could be the ALMIGHTY is trying to get you to acknowledge HIM and HIS Plan for your life.  


To be “selected” by the CREATOR of the UNIVERSE to serve HIM is not for the weak to attempt.   JESUS said in Matthew 10:22 that “... you will be hated.....” for MY Names sake!  We must get our focus beyond the things of this world and onto the things that are above and celebrate that “HE HAS MERCY”, even on me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment