Monday, December 4, 2017

“TO KEEP ME!”



How many times have you been seen giving something to someone you love that is considered by “this world” to be bad for them?  Well GOD loves me and HE continues to use HIS Word to shape my life into a vessel that HE receives Glory from, not because of how “good” of a person I am, but because HE has “chosen” me to be HIS instrument.  In 2 Corinthians 12:7, the Apostle Paul writes “So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, A THORN WAS GIVEN ME IN THE FLESH, a messenger of Satan to harass me, “TO KEEP ME” from becoming conceited”. 

GOD could have caused me to be obedient like a robot, but HE evidently wanted to use me to display HIS unlimited mercies, for I am the worst of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15)!  Paul was given a thorn in his flesh and I have been given many imperfections in mine.  Apparently, when we are compared to Deity, we all are but filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) and we aren’t real proud of our measly obedience?  


Now when we compare ourselves to other humans, some of us may get the impression we are “holy”.  But we aren’t privileged to be the standard that we will be judged by when Judgement Day arrives.  ALMIGHTY GOD will determine if our account is settled, or not!  Thank YOU FATHER, that YOU gave us JESUS “TO KEEP ME” from the enemy’s grasp!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment