Friday, February 9, 2018

“BY GRACE!”

Ephesians 2:4-10                                       (ESV)
“4 But GOD, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which HE loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with CHRIST - “BY GRACE” you have been saved-
6 and raised us up with HIM and seated us with HIM in the heavenly places in CHRIST JESUS,
7 so that in the coming ages HE might show the immeasurable riches of HIS grace in kindness toward us in CHRIST JESUS.
8 For “BY GRACE” you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the GIFT OF GOD,
9 not a result of works, SO THAT NO ONE MAY BOAST.
10 For we are HIS workmanship, CREATED in CHRIST JESUS for good works, which GOD prepared beforehand, THAT WE SHOULD WALK IN THEM.”



To me, nothing turns me off as quickly as someone BOASTING about what they have done.  Since we are placed on this earth to glorify GOD ALMIGHTY, the best we can hope for is to completely fulfill HIS mission for us to the fullest.  Being placed on a pedestal by those of “this world” does not last, and can skew our vision of our true status before a HOLY GOD.  

The FACT that anything I do for HIM is simply “BY GRACE” and because of HIS Plan for my life is something that I cannot forget.  Looking at life through the eyes of “this world” causes us to become terribly short-sighted, and ultimately what resulted in Satan being expelled from Heaven.  Anytime we elevate ourselves above who we REALLY are, we are trying to become the god of our own small surroundings.  JESUS came to earth and HUMBLED HIMSELF (Philippians 2:8) to the point of death on the cross, all because I needed HIS Perfect sacrifice!

There are many Scriptures that point out that we Believers have “been called” out from the darkness of “this world”.   There are some who have a false impression that they are “chosen” because of the “good” things they have done.  However, the Apostle Paul wasn’t one of those.  In 1 Timothy 1:15 he writes “The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to save sinners, OF WHOM I AM THE FOREMOST”!  The way Paul saw things, it took every drop of the Blood of JESUS to save his soul.  I think I am as guilty of being THE FOREMOST, even on my good days!


BUT GOD had other Plans!  “BY GRACE” HE saved my soul, it is not anything I was worthy of, IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD!  We are selected by HIM to perform good works, in CHRIST JESUS, which GOD prepared beforehand, all to Glorify HIM!  I’m not worthy!  I have just been selected “BY GRACE” to fulfill HIS Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment