Tuesday, February 27, 2018

“I AM CHIEF!”

1 Timothy 1:15-17                          (KJV)
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that CHRIST JESUS came into the world to save sinners; of whom “I AM CHIEF”. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first JESUS CHRIST might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on HIM to life everlasting. 17 Now unto the KING eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise GOD, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.”



From time to time I have to be reminded exactly who I am before ALMIGHTY GOD! The letters to Timothy were penned by the Apostle Paul, in my opinion, one of the most devout Believers since JESUS walked among us.  Paul didn’t consider himself to be set higher than others though.  He always was adamant that all praise and adoration should be directed to JESUS!  

But nowadays, especially with the onslaught of social media, we are becoming more and more hasty to say “I am not that bad”!  Sometimes we do it when a rapist, murderer, or other violent criminal makes the news?  

But how does ALMIGHTY GOD see things through HIS EYES???  HE IS HOLY, so HE can’t look at us through “rose colored glasses”!  Thankfully, John 3:16 says “For GOD ‘so loved’ the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten SON, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  2 Corinthians 5:21 says “For HE (GOD) hath made HIM (JESUS) to be sin for us, WHO knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of GOD in HIM.”!   


Since I have accepted the free gift of Salvation, paid for by the sacrifice of JESUS, I am an heir to what I never could have earned on my own.  Even though “I AM CHIEF” among sinners, I have been CHOSEN by GOD to receive this gift!  No, I am not as bad, “I AM CHIEF “!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment