Saturday, December 1, 2018

“I WILL HARDEN PHARAOH’S HEART!”

Exodus 14:4                       (ESV)
“And “I WILL HARDEN PHARAOH’S HEART”, and he will pursue them, and I will get glory over Pharaoh and all his host, and the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD." And they did so. “

Exodus 14:8
“And THE LORD HARDENED THE HEART of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued the people of Israel while the people of Israel were going out defiantly. “

Exodus 14:23-24
“The Egyptians pursued and went in after them into the midst of the sea, all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.
And in the morning watch THE LORD in the pillar of fire and of cloud looked down on the Egyptian forces and THREW THE EGYPTIAN FORCES INTO A PANIC,”

Recently I shared a video of Pastor Voddie Baucham entitles “Husbands love your wives”.   It is a plain spoken message that says that NO MATTER the case, husbands are to LOVE their wives!  A quote from the sermon says “....’well I’m just not happy, and I just don’t believe that GOD would want me to stay in a marriage and be unhappy’.  Are you serious?? Let me see if I understand this correctly?  JESUS CHRIST, the spotless, sinless Lamb of GOD, was crushed and killed for the Glory of the FATHER, but you HE wouldn’t want unhappy??? .......you better suck it up and go home!!!...”

After sharing this video I was reading some comments on the original post and some were saying that they were in a similar relationship and praying that GOD would change their spouse!  Now don’t get me wrong, there are some who need Divine Intervention to accomplish HIS Plan on their lives.  But GOD is quite capable of changing hearts, as HE indicated in Exodus 14:4: 8; and 23 & 24!  As Believers, we are just CALLED to keep OUR RELATIONSHIP with GOD CLEAN, not anyone else’s!  

ALMIGHTY GOD isn’t limited by what ‘makes sense’ to we humans!  And am I glad HE isn’t!!!  Isaiah 66:8-9 says “For MY thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways MY ways, declares the LORD.   For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are MY ways higher than your ways and MY thoughts than your thoughts”!  The children of Israel were encamped at the Red Sea waiting on GOD (Exodus 14:2)!  When GOD’s timing was complete, the Supernatural began to happen and the children of Israel only had TO BE SILENT (Exodus 14:14)!  


The same GOD WHO was in charge that day is in charge of the WHOLE WORLD, and has been for eternity.  The only thing I have control over is my personal relationship with HIM.   As a husband, I have the responsibility to nurture my wife and children, but their relationship with GOD is something that I have NO CONTROL over!  I am accountable for ONLY ME!  GOD said “I WILL HARDEN PHARAOH’S HEART”....and HE did!  My prayer is that my heart, and mine alone, will be clean before HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment