Monday, December 10, 2018

“THINGS!”

Philippians 3:7-11                                    (ESV)
"7 But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of CHRIST.
8 Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing CHRIST JESUS my LORD. For HIS sake I have suffered the loss of all “THINGS” and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain CHRIST
9 and be found in HIM, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in CHRIST, the righteousness from GOD that depends on faith-
10 that I may know HIM and the power of HIS resurrection, and may share HIS sufferings, becoming like HIM in his death,
11 that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."



Writing NOTES has developed into the biggest asset that I take advantage of in my Bible Studying.  On the APP I use to read the Bible on my iPad, the following is written on Philippians 3:8-11: ""THINGS" must be counted as loss when considering the eternal.  The perceived "wealth" and possessions will not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.  To give up the "THINGS" OF THIS WORLD for the eternal “THINGS” is to realize where your treasures REALLY are!""  Paul recognized that the "THINGS" of "this world" will burn quickly when put to the fire!

Can you imagine being at the Judgement Seat with a room full of earthly deeds and accomplishments that you spent your entire life accumulating?  Your newest automobile, your lake house, your finest apparel, your CD's at the bank.......all of the "THINGS" that we treasure here on earth will mean absolutely nothing when we stand before JESUS.  And yet we want to flaunt our wealth and material possessions as a testament of our Holiness???  JESUS never had a home, never had a bank account, never had any possessions, yet HE created all these "THINGS"! (Colossians 1:16).  

Becoming enthralled with the "THINGS" of "this world" is one of, if not the biggest weapons that satan uses to obscure our vision.  When we have our EYES fixed on the "THINGS" that will rust and burn up, we don't take time "lay up treasures in Heaven" (Matthew 6:19-20)!  It has often been said “How much did they leave?”  The correct answer should be “All of it!”  


“THINGS” are but “rubbish”, according to the Apostle Paul.  The time of the year is nearing where we were given the BEST GIFT we could ever get, yet we remain entranced by “THINGS”!  FATHER IN HEAVEN, cause my EYES to look to JESUS, the author and Perfecter of our faith (Hebrews 12:2) and not be enamored with the “THINGS” of this world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment