Thursday, December 20, 2018

“WISDOM!”

James 3:13-18                       (ESV)
“13 Who is wise and understanding among you? By his GOOD CONDUCT let him show his works in the MEEKNESS of “WISDOM”.
14 But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, DO NOT BOAST and be false to the truth.
15 THIS IS NOT the “WISDOM” that comes down FROM ABOVE, but is EARTHLY, IN SPIRITUAL, DEMONIC.
16 FOR WHERE JEALOUSY AND SELFISH AMBITION EXIST, THERE WILL BE
 DISORDER AND EVERY VILE PRACTICE.
17 But the “WISDOM” from above is first pure, then PEACEABLE, GENTLE, OPEN to REASON, FULL OF MERCY and GOOD FRUITS, IMPARTIAL and SINCERE.
18 And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.”




There are many things that we think we know, only to find out those things weren’t REALLY what we thought they were?  And some of the things I had been warned about simply had to be experienced, not just heard about, as the lesson learned during the process taught me so greatly.  In Luke 15:11-32 the parable of the Prodigal Son is taught by JESUS HIMSELF.  Yet how many times do I seemingly HAVE to do what is wrong, and experience the consequences, before I can move forward in life?  As a younger person, I used to believe that had I been adequately warned about dangers, I wouldn’t have had to experience the pain of “learning the lesson”?  But now I SEE that the pain experienced is part of the lesson!  

Youth and inexperience are seeds that sometimes must be planted.  “JEALOUSY AND SELFISH AMBITION EXIST, THERE WILL BE DISORDER AND EVERY VILE PRACTICE” most of the time are sown and the harvest is generally not pleasurable.  One way the enemy keeps our focus on worldly things is to make it appear as though we don’t have “all of that spiritual stuff” and keep us “blinded to TRUTH”!  If we succumb to his lies, he has us where he wants us.  

As I mature, I am finding out that “WISDOM from above is first pure, then PEACEABLE, GENTLE, OPEN to REASON, FULL OF MERCY and GOOD FRUITS, IMPARTIAL and SINCERE.”  In the book of Genesis, Joseph experienced tremendous pain as a result of his brothers immaturity and unwise decisions.  However, their devious decisions are ultimately used to save the Children of Israel, while also enslaving them, all at the end same time!  In the end, ALMIGHTY GOD received the Glory over Pharaoh (Exodus 14:17) at the Red Sea!  It was all part of GOD’s Plan!  


“WISDOM” from above is the only “WISDOM” worth having.  You can experience the comforts that “this world” offers, but your body will not be cold before you find all that is of “this world” will burn up at the Judgement.  When will I realize that the blinders used by “the enemy” are only there to prevent me from SEEING what GOD has in store for me?  Maybe I will gain some “WISDOM” and SEE that HIS Plan is what I desire?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment