Friday, February 15, 2019

“HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES!”

Ephesians 5:22-25                     (KJV)
22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the LORD. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as CHRIST is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. 
25 “HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES”, even as CHRIST also loved the church, and gave HIMSELF for it; 




Since yesterday was the day where couples celebrate their love for one another, I decided not to post this until everyone had their opportunity to say how much their “valentine” means to them.  Now I have always had the mentality that “I told you I loved you when we got married; if I ever change my mind, I’ll let you know”, much like the man who is infamously credited with saying this old statement.  Love is HARD, it HAS to be worked at.  We don’t choose to love only until someone else comes along who looks better, can provide something that our spouse cannot, or whatever else you want to complete this sentence with!  

GOD didn’t command husbands to love your wife as long as she is thin, youthful looking and hasn’t aged as much as you have.  Scripture says “HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES”, even as CHRIST loved the church, and gave HIMSELF for it.” (Ephesians 5:25) isn’t a suggestion. JESUS CHRIST LOVED this world EVEN as it was crucifying HIM on a Roman cross!  It is a COMMAND!  Even when your wife is unlovable!  It’s not only when she is in total and complete agreement with you.  It isn’t about when she is in the best of health, or until the family finances get tight.  “HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES” usually means that you picked her, WITH HER FLAWS, and that you must “adapt and overcome” to her imperfections, JUST AS CHRIST CHOSE YOU WITH YOUR IMPERFECTIONS!  

Now my wife and I have never gotten close to “breaking up”.  Regardless of what others see in her, she is not perfect, although she is as close as I have ever seen!  There is NO DOUBT that she did not marry perfection!  As a matter of fact, I still don’t know just what she saw in me to agree to marry me in the first place?  However, my genetics didn’t lend itself to s long relationship.  My mother wasn’t perfect, but my father was known to be a philanderer.  When our wedding day began to get close, I gave serious thought to backing out because I had experienced the pain caused by my bloodline’s morals.   


That is when GOD showed me that my wife was HIS GIFT to me and that I wasn’t going to find anyone that “fit” what I needed better than she could.  This Sunday will be 35 years since we were united in HOLY MATRIMONY.  The command isn’t for the wives to love her husband!  It is, however, for “HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES”!  It hasn’t been always EASY, (although in our case I am SURE that she has been subject to the most “adapt and overcome” moments), but the journey has been well worth the ride!  For those experiencing the lure of someone else, GOD hasn’t COMMANDED you to love anyone; but HE has COMMANDED “HUSBANDS, LOVE YOUR WIVES“!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment