Sunday, February 10, 2019

“LOVE ONE FOR ANOTHER!”

John 13:31-35                               (ESV)
“31 When HE had gone out, JESUS said, "Now is the SON of MAN glorified, and GOD is glorified in HIM.
32 If GOD is glorified in HIM, GOD will also glorify HIM in HIMSELF, and glorify HIM at once.
33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. You will seek ME, and just as I said to the Jews, so now I also say to you, 'Where I am going you cannot come.'
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
35 By this all people will know that you are MY disciples, if you have “LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER”." 




Though I have never been convicted of a crime (other than traffic violations), and without dwelling on my failures, there are probably many instances where I was guilty of doing things that would be considered illegal.  Following the “letter of the law” isn’t something that I have consciously tried to achieve, but I have never been one to push the envelope to see how much I could get away with either.  Being born in the United States has allowed me to be afforded certain RIGHTS that people born in another country don’t have, and visa versa I’m sure!  

But RIGHTS aren’t bestowed on a person without certain RESPONSIBILITIES coming with them. Because I am Blessed to be a United States citizen, I also have the RESPONSIBILITY to be loyal to the United States and it’s laws.  There are many RIGHTS that are associated with living in this great country, but they are only enjoyed if I willingly accept the RESPONSIBILITIES that comes from being that same citizen.  For instance, in order for me to vote, I was REQUIRED to register for the Selective Service (otherwise known as the DRAFT) of the Armed Forces.  Enjoying the RIGHTS (or FREEDOMS) REQUIRE RESPONSIBILITIES be met!  You cannot avoid these RESPONSIBILITIES if you enjoy the RIGHTS!

Being a part of the CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD is very similar. You can’t be a part of THE FAMILY OF GOD and keep living like “this world” does!  John 14:15 says “If you love ME, you will keep MY commandments.”  That tells me that I cannot live like the rest of the world, I have to live like CHRIST!  John 13:35 says “By this all people will know that YOU ARE MY DISCIPLES, if you have love for one another."  To be identified as a CHILD OF GOD, you MUST have “LOVE FOR ONE ANOTHER”!  


People who are NOT CHOSEN have no concept of what it’s like to surrender their will to a SOVEREIGN GOD.  HE cannot be seen, or felt, or admired with sense possessed by the natural man (1 Corinthians 2:14)!  Understanding that THE CHOSEN are different makes them “naturally” be against us, because of whom they serve.  JESUS CHRIST paid an unbelievable price for the RIGHT to select HIS CHOSEN.  My prayer is that as many as HE has CHOSEN will come to HIM SOON and we will rest with HIM FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment