Tuesday, March 19, 2019

“HE EXISTS!”

Hebrews 11:4-6                                 (ESV)
“4 By FAITH Abel offered to GOD a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous, GOD commending him by accepting his gifts. And through his FAITH, though he died, he still speaks.
5 By FAITH Enoch was taken up so that he should not see death, and he was not found, because GOD had taken him. Now before he was taken he was COMMENDED as having PLEASED GOD.
6 And WITHOUT FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please HIM, for whoever would DRAW NEAR to GOD must believe that “HE EXISTS” and that HE rewards those who seek HIM.”



Hebrews 11:6 has always been a favorite verse of mine.  Having FAITH is not a silver bullet to alleviate most of our problems.  We have FAITH that the chair at our desk will hold us up when we sit in it, yet that isn’t what Hebrews 11:6 is all about.  

Having FAITH IN GOD is something that we can’t trick our way into experiencing.   GOD is SPIRIT (John 4:24) and our Spirit either is either for HIM, or it is against HIM (Luke 11:23; Matthew 12:30)!  Now I am as poor of an example of a Spirit-filled Believer as the Apostle Paul claimed he was in 1 Timothy 1:15, but I KNOW “HE EXISTS” and HE has already won the war.  We simply have to reflect HIS GOOD NEWS to everyone and allow HIS SPIRIT to do the rest!  

Outside of Enoch, everyone of us will be required to die, AND THEN THE JUDGEMENT (Hebrews 9:27).  Enoch PLEASED GOD with his FAITH that GOD existed.  Even though I know that GOD exists, the fact that I some of the make the choices that I make is evident that I either don’t FEAR GOD, or I don’t FEAR HIS JUDGEMENT?  Romans 7:20 says “Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.”  Then in Romans 7:24-25 Scripture reads “Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?  Thanks be to GOD through JESUS CHRIST our LORD! So then, I myself serve the law of GOD with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.”


When will I realize that “HE EXISTS” even when I am thinking that HE is not paying attention?  ALMIGHTY GOD doesn’t sleep nor slumber (Psalms 121:4) and GOD is not required to rest from HIS labor.  “HE EXISTS” because HE IS, I AM, and forevermore WILL BE!  JESUS said in Luke 18:27 “What is impossible with man is possible with GOD."  “HE EXISTS” and we NEED TO live our lives like “HE EXISTS”!  Not like HE can’t SEE what we are doing!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment