Friday, July 10, 2020

“DO NOT DISBELIEVE!”

John 20:26-29                                    (ESV)
“26 Eight days later, HIS disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were LOCKED, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you."
27 Then HE said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see MY hands; and put out your hand, and place it in MY side. “DO NOT DISBELIEVED”, but believe."
28 Thomas answered him, "My LORD and my GOD!"
29 JESUS said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."”




According to Colossians 1:16, JESUS CREATED  ALL THINGS, “...on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through HIM and for HIM.”  One would think that we who were CREATED would recognize and worship the ONE WHO CREATED us?  Yet “this world” is operating at such a pace that it doesn’t have time to worship anything!  That is, except their money and what they think they are “building”.  

The disciple named Thomas may have been “busy” when JESUS first appeared to HIS disciples in John 20:19.  The thing we need to look at today is that he had not had the opportunity to see JESUS with his own eyes.  Just like Saul in Acts 9, his EYES were about to be OPENED to SEE that JESUS CHRIST was risen, just as HE promised HE would!  

Until our EYES are OPENED and we SEE that JESUS is WHO HE claimed to be, we will be a doubter also.  I have no doubt that JESUS is the CHRIST, yet I continue to doubt that HE is able to do, not whatever I want, but whatever the FATHER wills HIM to do!  JESUS is telling me, just as HE told Thomas, “DO NOT DISBELIEVE”, for I and the FATHER are ONE (John 10:30)!  I AM the CREATOR and SUSTAINER of life, and nothing is outside of being possible with ME!

We don’t have the ability to make things happen the way JESUS does, but HIS HOLY SPIRIT is working in our lives to increase our FAITH so that we want what HE wants, and therefore it is accomplished.  May I yield to HIS leadership in my life and never again have to hear my LORD say “DO NOT DISBELIEVE”!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment